What exactly is a Headed Bar?
A Headed Bar is an oversized plate or head that can be attached or formed to one or both ends of a reinforcing bar. Sometimes called “Headed Bar”, Headed Bar Anchor or a Terminator. Headed Bars are used in terminating reinforcing bars and provide mechanical anchorage in the concrete. This provides a very stiff form of anchorage to eliminate congestion during placement that may be associated with conventional hooks or bends on the end of the bar.
- Reduces congestion – standard hook usage can result in steel congestion and concrete consolidation. Headed Bars offer less congestion.
- Improves placing efficiency.
- Great alternative to standard hooks.
- Allows more consistent concrete consolidation.
- Great for closure pours.
- Reduces placing costs- provides for fast installation of reinforcement.